Last updated: August 11, 2022
As used herein, “Personal Information” means information that personally identifies or can be associated with you (such as your name, email, address, phone number, credit card number, demographic information) and “Non-Personal Information” means information that relates to you but does not personally identify you. “Information” is collectively used herein to refer to both Personal Information and Non-Personal Information.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal Information includes your name, address, email address, credit card information and phone number. Some of the places we collect Personal Information are when you register to receive communications from us, create an online account, submit an application to become a Planner or join our Preferred Vendor Guide purchase a TPS Event Package, contact or communicate with us, participate in surveys for research purposes, enter contests or promotions, submit a review, suggestion or testimonial, access or use our pages or accounts on any third-party social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest, or otherwise interact with us online or by phone, mail, fax or in-person. Based on the information you share, we use the Personal Information we collected to communicate with you about your TPS Event Package, process payments, enhance your browsing experience, communicate with you about our features and events that may be of interest to you, and for other marketing and research purposes.
Information Collected Automatically
Whenever you visit or interact with the Service, TPS, as well as any third-party service providers and/or advertisers, may use a variety of tracking technologies that automatically or passively collect information about your online activity. We treat Information automatically collected as Non-Personal Information. This may be collected in the following ways:
We may also automatically or passively collect certain Non-Personal Information from you, such as mobile device manufacturer, mobile carrier, operating system, content, your browser type, products or services you purchase or access, IP address, URLs, referring/exit pages, click data, pages viewed, amount of time you spend viewing or using the Service, emails that you open, number of times you return to the Service and other such information and configurations.
Geolocation Data: We may collect, monitor and/or remotely store information about the location of your computer, mobile device, tablet or other device when you access or use the Service, including real-time location data, such as GPS coordinates. Please be careful if you choose to enable location functionality as this information may be subject to abuse, misuse or monitoring by others.
Third Party Service Providers: We may use third party advertising companies to support the Service. Such advertising companies also may separately use tracking technologies, including cookies, to collect and store information on our behalf and in the course of delivering targeted advertisements.
Third Party Analytic Technologies: We may use third party analytics, such as Google Analytics and others, to help us measure, segment and analyze usage of the Service to identify trends, and to help us or those third parties serve targeted advertising to you. These tools may use tracking technologies such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, log files or other technologies to collect and store Non-Personal Information. They may also combine information they collect from your interaction with the Service with information they collect from other sources. You can opt out by using Google’s Ads Settings or going to https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
You can also opt out of targeted advertising by visiting (1) the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (“DAA”) opt-out platform (http://www.aboutads.info/choices/) or (2) the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) opt-out platform (http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/). Please note that opting out of one or more of DAA or NAI’s members only means that those members no longer will be allowed under their own rules to deliver targeted ads to you, but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads in general from other members or non-members.
Information We Receive From Third Parties: We may receive Information about you from third party sources to supplement the Information that we collect automatically or that you provide voluntarily. For example, if you access our website through a third-party connection or log-in (e.g., through Facebook), such third-party may pass certain Information about your use of its service to us. We may also receive Information about you from third parties such as our business partners. We may also obtain other Information about you from public databases or data aggregators, such as change of address, contact information, demographic information, media consumption or lifestyle preferences.
- HOW WE USE YOUR COLLECTED INFORMATION
We may combine Information we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information, for a variety of business purposes:
- To present our Service and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To communicate with you and respond to your comments or postings.
- To provide support to Clients, Planners and Vendors.
- To verify your identity.
- To process orders, payments and refunds.
- For marketing purposes.
- To process and manage your account with us.
- To enhance current and develop new products and services.
- To notify you about changes to our Service or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To improve and customize our Service, products, communications and advertisements.
- To combine with information we receive from others to help understand your needs and to use for targeted advertising or re-targeting on your devices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from the Terms of Service and any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the Information.
- For customer service and technical support.
- To prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities;
- To comply with applicable laws, regulations and legal process.
- To protect the security and integrity of our business, Site, Clients, Planners, Vendors and third-party business partners and service providers.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We will share your Personal Information with third parties only in the ways that are described herein.
- To facilitate our Service, such as sharing Client contact information with Planners.
- With our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- With contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business, including credit card processing, marketing research and analysis, communications and customer service.
- With third-party business partners in connection with our Service and for marketing purposes.
- To comply with any court order or legal process, including to respond to a government or regulatory request.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of TPS’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by TPS about our Users is among the assets transferred.
- To enforce our Terms of Service and any other applicable terms, conditions and other agreements as a means of protecting TPS’s legal rights and interests.
- To protect the legal rights, safety and security of Users of our Service, such as for fraud protection.
- In aggregated or other non-personally identifiable form with third parties for marketing or analytics uses.
- In accordance with your consent.
- YOUR CHOICES
TPS strives to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created opportunities to allow you control over your Information:
Tracking Technologies and Advertising
Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising
If you do not want us to share your Personal Information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (i.e. registration form), logging into the Site and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Promotional Offers from the Company
If you do not wish to be contacted by TPS to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (i.e. registration form), logging into the Site and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
Please note that in the event you opt-out of any promotional or third party-advertising disclosures, we will, however, continue to send transaction-based communications if you place an order, request customer support or make similar requests.
- ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
You can review and change your Personal Information by logging into the Site and visiting your account profile page. You may also contact us at the address or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Site, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Users. Proper access and use of information provided on the Site, including User Contributions, is governed by our Terms of Service.
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Our Service is not intended for children under 13 years of age. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13, we will use reasonable efforts to remove such information from our files as soon as possible. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
- CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS’ PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section §1798.83 permits users of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at 8950 West Olympic Boulevard, Suite 549, Beverly Hills, California 90211. For all requests, you must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request, as well as your name, address, city, state and zip code. Please also provide enough information for us to determine if this applies to you. You must attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. We are not responsible for notices that are not properly labeled or sent, or do not have complete information.
- DATA SECURITY
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. The safety and security of your Information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We urge you to be careful about giving out Information in public areas of the Site. The Information you share in public areas may be viewed by any User of the Service. Unfortunately, the transmission of Information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Service. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Service.
- CONTACT INFORMATION