Winter weddings are highly underrated and we’re here to say we want them to make a comeback! Done correctly, you can truly turn your cold-weather wedding into a winter wonderland. So whether you are newly engaged after the holidays and planning to get married next winter or looking for some inspiration for your upcoming wedding this winter season, here are seven tips to make your big day a true dream…
1. Incorporate winter accessories into your bridal look: We love the idea of wearing a chic and cozy white coat over your gown (or for a more dramatic and unexpected look, a bordeaux faux fur cape). You can also wear white gloves when you take photos outside for the ultimate winter wonderland look!
Photography by Leah Flores
2. Make sure you’re prepped beauty-wise: Since winter weather is typically harsher, you’ll need to make sure you’re stocked up on body lotion and a hydrating face serum to keep your skin soft and smooth on the big day.
3. Have only one venue: Venue changes are common but, if possible, making sure that guests don’t have to go outside is ideal.
4. Keep your guests cozy and warm: Adding a hot cocoa station or, better yet, having servers pass hot cocoa is a super fun way to add a winter feel to your wedding. We also love the idea of leaving blankets on each guest’s chair or in a basket before heading into the ceremony, in case they get chilly.
5. Add in winter décor: You’ll want to make sure your guests truly feel like they’re in a winter wonderland. Having faux snow throughout the venue, a running fireplace, holiday lights (yes, even after Christmas) all add to the look and feel of that winter theme.
6. Use a winter color palette: Colors like burgundy, hunter green, gold and red all embody winter and we love mixing them together.
7. Be aware of shortened photo taking time: Since the sun sets earlier in the winter, you’ll need to consider the best time to take photos and what kind of setting is ideal for your wedding party.
Xx, The Planning Society