Summer is officially here and, now that most of us are vaccinated and ready to enjoy it, it’s a fantastic time to throw a super fun pool party! Here’s our ultimate pool party planning guide for summer…
- Pick a fun theme
Now this isn’t a must-have but, given the last year+ that we’ve all had, we like to encourage everyone to go the extra mile and choose a theme that everyone will be excited about. Of course, it depends on your guest’s ages, but you can’t go wrong with flamingos, a color theme, or even just bright colors!
2. Send out on-theme invites
We’re a big fan of virtual invites at TPS, and sites like Paperless Post and Minted have really elegant and beautiful versions that you can send out to guests/get a good head count.
3. Set up on-theme décor
Décor really depends on your pool party theme, but there are a few essentials that every pool party needs:
Balloons: Because of course. You can even put some in the pool for a little extra festivity.
Photo backdrop: Every party needs a photo backdrop, and we recommend setting up an area where guests can take fun photos and selfies.
Pool floats: There are SO many super fun pool floats to choose from these days. (a ton even available on Amazon Prime!). Make sure to buy a few because they’re not only fun to use, but they also serve as décor!
4. SPF: We love to have a bunch of sunscreen on display in a cute basket or box so that guests stay protected from the sun/potential sun burn.
5. Prep lots of food and drinks
When it comes to pool parties, we like to keep it simple and glass-free. Easy recipes like BBQ chicken and veggies, fruit skewers, a taco bar, etc. are best and always a guest favorite! We also recommend have tons of water readily available and, of course, wine and cocktails!
Grazing boards are tables are making a come back! What a great way to integrate everyone’s favorite, fruit, cheese and charcuterie in a creative way!
- Bachelorette Party- Photography & Bride: Melanee Shale
- Lemonade Stand Party Planning- The Planning Society // Photography: Molly Torian Photography
- Bowaiian-themed (Bohemian Hawaiian) Party- Photography: Innis Casey Photography // Rentals + Design: Teak & Lace // Graphic Design: River & Bridge // Macrame Backdrop: Macramama // Cake: Hansen’s Cakes // Flowers: Earth Baby Flowers // Desserts: Amy’s Cakes and Sweet Treats
- Pool Party – Photography: Jenna Peffley // Styling: Erin Fetherston // Smash Cakes: Smash Baby Cakes // Vegan, Gluten-Free Cookie Sandwiches: Erin McKenna Bakery // Wines: Hoxie Wines // Tablecloth: Erin Fetherston x Fragments Identity
- This Messy Table – Photography: Jessica Claire Photography
Share Your Thoughts