Planning a wedding is no easy task, but with our handy 12-month wedding planning checklist you’ll feel like it’s a breeze. Here’s a rundown on the most important to-dos for your big day.
Venue: The St. Regis Punta Mita
- Start putting together your guest list! This is the first step in creating your budget.
- Set a wedding budget
- Create a wedding Pinterest board for inspiration.
- Book your wedding venue/caterer
- Set an official wedding date (once venue is confirmed)
- Start trying on wedding dresses
- Begin your skin care regime. For tips, visit our recent Ask The Expert Feature How to Prepare Your Skin for Your Wedding
- Purchase wedding dress
- Create wedding registry
- Create a wedding website for guests to get info on the big day/registry
- Choose your wedding party/ask them to be involved
- Book your wedding night hotel
- Book wedding hotel blocks for guests
- Send out save the dates (this time frame is particularly important for destination weddings)
- Book a photographer
- Book a videographer
- Book a “day of” wedding coordinator
- Book florist
- Book an officiant and make any pre-marital counseling appointments (if necessary)
- Finalize guest list and send out save the dates (for local affairs).
- Book hair and makeup artists
- Finalize and book any necessary venue rentals
- Decide on bridesmaid attire
- Ask Maid/Matron of Honor about bachelorette party details and wants
- Start planning honeymoon
- Take engagement photos (if desired)
- Send out wedding invitations
- Book DJ or music for wedding
- Order wedding cake
- Buy or rent the groom’s tuxedo
- Decide on groomsmen attire
- Begin bridal dress fittings
- Finalize honeymoon details
- Make sure you have all your legal documents needed for a marriage certificate and honeymoon.
- Buy your wedding rings
- Finalize catering menus and florals
- Order place cards, table numbers, ceremony programs, etc.
- Book any necessary transportation
- Buy thank you gifts for bridesmaids, groomsmen and parents (and most importantly, your bride or groom!)
- Purchase and wear your wedding-day shoes
- Check in with all vendors to confirm details, payment due dates, etc.
- Check with wedding party to ensure they have everything you need them to get (dress, accessories, etc.).
- Create a wedding day-of timeline
- Finalize ceremony details with officiant
- Do a “test run” with hair and makeup artists to make sure you’re happy
- Get final RSVP count and pass info on to vendors
- Book final dress fitting
- Get marriage license
- Create a seating chart
- Secure rehearsal dinner and guest list
- Meet with your photographer and videographer to discuss shot list
- Write your vows
- Confirm all travel and honeymoon plans
- Send out day-of timeline to wedding party and parents
- Make sure your vendors are confirmed. If you are using a wedding planner, be sure they are on top of this. Don’t assume everyone will show up.
- Get engagement ring cleaned at the jeweler
- Book any of your regular beauty treatments (nothing new that you’ve never tried before), including a mani/pedi.
- Pack for your honeymoon
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! Drink plenty of water and eat healthy meals throughout the day
- Pack your overnight bag
- Assemble your must haves for your reception clutch
- Prepare in envelopes any vendor payments and tips. Give envelopes to your designated helper
- Pack your car with any items you may be bringing to the venue
- Charge your cell phone and make sure it is on silent so you can get some needed rest
- Get a good night’s sleep
- Do some yoga, meditate, breathe and relax!
- Take day of checklist with vendors’ cell phones and emails
- Take ceremony & reception items
- Take emergency kit
- Take speech(es)
- Have fun!
Xx, The Planning Society